Exactal is pleased to announce the release of version 2.70 of CostX and CostX Viewer. After many months of in-house and field testing, this release of the product is the most comprehensive improvement to the product since version 2.50 which introduced its multi-user networking capabilities.
Some of the new extensions and improvements for this release include:
- Further general speed improvements in the program and across networks.
- Ability to protect workbook cells from being changed ensuring that templates remain as issued if required.
- Zones on a project basis with standard zones across the system.
- Global constants.
- Global and project variables.
- Manual dimensions.
- Numerous reporting enhancements.
- New reporting keywords.
- Multi-lingual spell checker for workbooks.
- Find & replace for workbooks.
- Ability to measure directly from image files without converting to vector format.
- Further improvements when importing from Revit.
- Speed improvements rendering drawings especially on computers with dedicated video cards.
- Further support for drawing register information.
- Ability to place mark-ups on drawings and print or export them to PDF.
- Support for PDF layers.
Exactal continues to improve the CostX product line and 2.70 is an important step in ensuring CostX retains its lead in integrating drawings with estimates.
Existing customers with maintenance agreements are welcome to download and upgrade to CostX 2.70 for free at http://techweb.exactal.com/downloads/CostX/